Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adnan Sempit, Avatar, and Hachiko


Two movies today, Adnan Sempit at TGV The Mines, 12.10PM and after that, I went straight to GSC Alamanda for Avatar, 2.20PM show. I had roughly half an hour after the first movie to get to Alamanda and it was lunch hour. But I made it 10 minutes before Avatar started. Ample time for prayer and buying a drink before entering the cinema.

Adnan Sempit was... well from the reviews I read, they said it was funny as hell but for it's okaylah for Malay comedy. But there a good storyline behind it. For a good laugh, try Mr. Bean, the TV series, or Monty Python.

And then Avatar, it was marvelous though it was not the 3D version. My head was a bit dizzy because the akaks behind me was couldn't stop rocking my chair with her legs. Hint: Size. And the old 50 something Pakcik was so funny for his weird laughing sound and laughing for no reason. He got overexcited with Neytiri.

Both Adnan Sempit and Avatar will be shown for the last time in most cinemas tomorrow. And I love watching movies late. There will be less people watching and I can comfortable sit and concentrate to the movies.



Later at home, I watch Hachiko, a movie about a dog, waited outside a train station every evening for his master to come home for 9 years(!!!!) albeit his master was dead one day during his lecture (He was a professor). It was based on a true story in the 30's in Japan. I'm downloading the 1987's Japanese version of the movie. Here's the wiki link for Hachiko.

The movie was pretty damn saddening. I'm quite shy to write here that I almost cried so I'll just say I was moved. Moved by a dog dammit! Most of the reviews said people, men, women and children cried at the cinemas. It will only be in US theaters this March, but already available in DVD. Released in Brazillian cinemas last December.

Thank you Adnan Sempit for being the first Malay movie I watched in Cinema in 2010. Thank you Avatar for currently being the most amazing movie I watched in 2010 and thank you Hachiko for currently being the saddest movie I've seen in 2010. I recommend the last two.

And I recommend taking a lot of tissues for the last one. Can try using diapers or Maxi pads for total tears absorption.

IMDB Links:
Hachiko (2009) - Read the user reviews.

No comments: